Old January 23rd 12, 07:27 PM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave
FarsWatch4 FarsWatch4 is offline

Default Fox News 2012: HD Radio one of "The Biggest CES Flops of All Time" LMFAO!!!!!!!!!

"D. Peter Maus" wrote in message
On 1/20/12 15:23 , FarsWatch4 wrote:
"D. Peter wrote in message
On 1/17/12 01:03 , FarsWatch4 wrote:
"D. Peter wrote in message
On 1/16/12 15:30 , FarsWatch4 wrote:
"D. Peter wrote in message
On 1/16/12 11:35 , FarsWatch4 wrote:
"Phil wrote in message
On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 01:55:32 -0500, "FarsWatch4"
wrote:

9 out of 10 doctors also recommended cigarette smoking to
aid
and
improve digestion.

Where is this study?

This was highly touted in advertising during the 1940s.

It was an advertising ploy. Not a study, per se.

I hope we can tell the difference.

Insult aside, it WAS indeed based on surveys.

A survey designed by an advertising company....again, I hope you can
tell
the difference.

Insult aside, it was a survey designed by the Tobacco Industry.

Yes it was.

It was a survey designed by the business its conclusion supported.

Yes it was.

The results were used to promote sales the industry's products.

Yes it was.

Not unlike iBiquity designing and sponsoring surveys the results
of
which supports sales of its products.

The surveys I have seen were not designed nor sponsored by
iBiquity...but
were seperate research projects done by stations themselves by hiring
outside research companies with no stake in the outcome.

As someone who participated in the execution of several such surveys,
that is simply not true.

You mean you couldn't tell when you were being snookered into an
advertising
campain?

Ah, so you admit that the HD surveys are just an advertising
scheme....thank you for finally admitting the truth.

Nope. I'm saying I can tell the difference between an advertising campagn
and scientific research..

Can't you?