Old January 23rd 12, 08:26 PM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave
D. Peter Maus[_2_] D. Peter Maus[_2_] is offline

Default Fox News 2012: HD Radio one of "The Biggest CES Flops of AllTime" LMFAO!!!!!!!!!

On 1/23/12 13:28 , FarsWatch4 wrote:
"D. Peter wrote in message
On 1/20/12 15:25 , FarsWatch4 wrote:
"Dave wrote in message
On 1/16/2012 11:03 PM, FarsWatch4 wrote:

The surveys I have seen were not designed nor sponsored by
iBiquity...but
were seperate research projects done by stations themselves by hiring
outside research companies with no stake in the outcome.

You mention "surveys" in the plural. The only one I have seen is this:

Many surveys have been done by individual stations...not by iBiquity.

They are proprietary...and not used as "selling points" as the one you
mentioned is.

They most certainly are used as selling points. That's why they go to
the effort and expense of conducting them.

No they are not. Most research indfividual station do is never released to
the public.

Which must be why the phrase 'most people in listening tests
prefer...' has never appeared in any promotional material.

Research is never released. But that's a strawman argument.
Certainly no station releases raw Arbitron data, for instance, But
interpreted results are always used in promotional and sales. There
is no reason otherwise to spend the money to do them.

It is for internal strategic decision making.

Again, a strawman argument. Even material used for internal
decision making is eventually sold to the public.

Perceptuals find their results in promos stating "we asked and
you said..." "Playing YOUR favorites."

Perceptuals, and surveys find their way into sales pitches at ad
agencies.

Your attempts to derail responses to a fictitious followup belie
your intent to have a reasonable discussion.

The truth has no need of such trickery. Nor does it have need for
the gratuitous insults. Nor debate tactics based on strawman arguments.

You've exposed yourself as a fanboi. Nothing more.