Old June 11th 04, 02:32 PM
Leon Heller

http://www.geocities.com/leon_heller
"aadu" wrote in message
om...
hi,

I'm planning to build a superhet receiver - for learning and for fun.
I have looked at Doug Demaw 'barebones (QST june 82)'.
Any other schematics/recommendations for first time superhet receiver

project?

If you have built a DC Rx, you could always convert it into a superhet by
adding an IF strip, filter, mixer and oscillator.

Build it as small modules - RF/mixer, oscillator, IF, etc. Start with the AF
amp and work back towards the front end. Try making it for AM first with a
diode detector, then add a product detector and BFO.

73, Leon