Old January 24th 12, 06:47 PM
HighFreq HighFreq is offline
Junior Member

I just wanted to let everyone know that what died was indeed my output transformer (T8 on the schematic). These are the most common part to fail in the SX-28s...almost all of them died.

I contacted Peter W. Dahl - http://www.pwdahl.com/ . He made me a beautiful hand-made replacement for about a hundred bucks, and this one should last a lot longer than the factory one. He paints them all in black, and it does have all 3 taps for different speakers. I highly recommend him to anyone needing a custom-wound transformer; he makes many different kinds.

Last edited by HighFreq : January 24th 12 at 06:48 PM Reason: .