Old January 28th 12, 12:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
kb2zgn kb2zgn is offline

Default Icom AH-4 setup question & Morse code tattoo comment.

I want to run a single wire antenna using my AH-4 with my IC-7000 or 706MKII,
but living in a 2nd floor apartment, I don't have access to a good ground
without having to run a ground wire longer than the antenna wire is going to be!
Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get on the air with this equipment
without frying something? I'd appreciate any information/ideas.

Also, I have never had any tattoos before, and was planning on having my
daughter's name, (Beth) tattooed on my forearm in Morse as my first. A few days
ago I was being set up for radiation treatments where they give you a CT scan
and mark, (tattoo) you with three reference dots to aid the radiation techs when
they position you and the equipment as they get ready to zap you with it.
Anyway, when they did that, I couldn't help but think of them as 3 "E"s tattooed
on my chest. One in front, and one on each side. I just thought that amusing.

Anyone else have, or thinking about getting something tattooed in Morse? I'm
looking for design ideas. If you know of any pictures on the web, links would be
appreciated.

73, Bob KB2ZGN