Old January 28th 12, 02:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default DC Plug Dimensions - Sony 2001D / 2010

On Jan 27, 11:29*pm, wrote:
On Jan 25, 6:10*pm, Naphov wrote:

I'm asking if anyone here is aware of the accurate dimensions of the
dc plug, inner & outer, of Sony ICF2010 / 2001D?
I suspect I'm causing the old thing, recently rediscovered, a few
issues with my makedo solution!

Many thanks, folks.

Don't have it in front of me right now at this moment, BUT be very
careful about the POLARITY. The inner pin may be negative,afaik.

-for- "Sony" User Manuals
http://www.radiolabs.com/downloads/S...r-manuals.html
-source- Radio Labs .Com
-has- "Sony ICF-2010" to- Download in PDF Format
http://www.radiolabs.com/downloads/m...y2010_user.pdf

Try RadioShack for an AC-to-DC 4.5VDC
Adapter and an Adater-Plug
*TIP* Bring the Radio with you to select
the right size 'fitting' Adapter-Plug

The 4.5VDC Plug input is :
Outside 'Barrel' is Negative (-)
Inside Pin is Positive (+)

NOTE : Reminder that the Sony ICF-2010
uses Three [3] "D" Batteries for Power
plus Two [2] "AA" Batteries for the
'Memory' Function

Try RadioShack for an AC-to-DC 4.5VDC Adapter
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=3832490
Enercell 4.5VDC / 700mA AC-to-DC Adapter

+plus+ an "Adapt-A-Plug" {adaptaplug}
http://www.radioshack.com/search/ind...ptaplug &sr=1