Old January 28th 12, 05:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Tuuk[_3_] Tuuk[_3_] is offline

Default Icom AH-4 setup question & Morse code tattoo comment.

I know one of the Daves around here had DORK !!! tattood on his forehead.

Probably to line up their lazer beams aimed at his brain. Certainly would
explain a lot.

Anyway, I always figured tattoos to be tabboo and never felt the desire.
While putting your daughter's name in code is cool, you will explain it each
time to everyone who ask what all those dots are. Could make them
flourescent glow in the dark dots. But have too many friends of mine are
getting their tattoos removed now. I suppose back then they were done
differently, maybe today more safer. Most commendable putting your
daughter's name, but remember it is permanent.

Do you have copper cold water pipes in your appt? Could you ground to that
with saddle or clamp? Or your outlets on the walls are gounded (probably to
that same pipe, off the main box).

Just start off on low power and use that tuner and watch your meters.

If I am not mistaken, I think that unit has a bunch of fuses easily
replaceable, and a nice microphone. Dave had one back in Nam.

"KB2ZGN" wrote in message ...
I want to run a single wire antenna using my AH-4 with my IC-7000 or
706MKII,
but living in a 2nd floor apartment, I don't have access to a good ground
without having to run a ground wire longer than the antenna wire is going
to be!
Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get on the air with this
equipment
without frying something? I'd appreciate any information/ideas.

Also, I have never had any tattoos before, and was planning on having my
daughter's name, (Beth) tattooed on my forearm in Morse as my first. A few
days
ago I was being set up for radiation treatments where they give you a CT
scan
and mark, (tattoo) you with three reference dots to aid the radiation
techs when
they position you and the equipment as they get ready to zap you with it.
Anyway, when they did that, I couldn't help but think of them as 3 "E"s
tattooed
on my chest. One in front, and one on each side. I just thought that
amusing.

Anyone else have, or thinking about getting something tattooed in Morse?
I'm
looking for design ideas. If you know of any pictures on the web, links
would be
appreciated.

73, Bob KB2ZGN