Old February 8th 12, 12:03 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
justis justis is offline

Default Wellbrook loop vs Pixel Technology's RF Pro-1A

Thanks for describing this antenna in an easy to understand fashion.
"bpnjensen" wrote in message
On Feb 3, 3:08 pm, "Justis" wrote:
Found!http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/2205.html
Par Electronics EF-SWL

Do you or some of the others have any input on this antenna? Seems a bit
too good to be true but great if it works.

"Justis" wrote in message

Thanks for the comparison link,. I've been waiting for this and maybe a
few more antenna comparisons as well.
There was one advertised recently and I remember it was a piece of coax
that you could lay around the apartment and it supposedly gave you
remarkable results for around $75 plus shipping CONUS. I've done a
search of cable antennas but cannot find it now. Perhaps you or someone
can remember this. Anyway thanks for your time.
"Steve" wrote in message
For the diminishing number of you who are still interested, here's a
link to a review comparing one of the Wellbrook loops to Pixel
Technology's RF Pro-1A magnetic loop antenna:

http://www.wellbrook.uk.com/reviews/...O-1AReview.pdf

I still prefer a tuned, passive loop to the amplified, broadband
variety.

The PAR EF-SWL is actually a random wire with a very well made
matching transformer. It is likely to be a very good antenna of its
type. The antenna "radiator" is not a coax, but a plain insulated
flex-weave wire, designed ideally to be suspended at some height above
the ground. If installed properly, it should provide a good signal to
noise ratio.

The Wellbrooks are somewhat more elaborate designs, amplified magnetic
loops. They work very well in RF-noisy places, but you pay for
compactness and performance.

Bruce Jensen