Old February 8th 12, 12:59 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
justis justis is offline

Default Wellbrook loop vs Pixel Technology's RF Pro-1A

Thanks RHF, looks like I just might be able to tame some of the noise after
all. I know it's best to have a good receiver and that it's only half the
battle. Not much good without a "good" quiet antenna as well. I was
getting pretty discouraged trying to listen to weak stations with all the
man-made noise in the area. I think this group may have set me on the right
path for more quality listening. Thanks for sharing your expertise.
"RHF" wrote in message
On Feb 5, 12:48 pm, "Justis" wrote:
Par Electronics EF-SWL
"Cheaper just to roll your own transformer and hook up a wire to it."
I have a 9::1 balun.
This coax cable they describe, would any other cable say RG8/RG6 do the
same
job? Live close to heavy industry and the noise at times just blankets the
area.

- NEED a quiet antenna. Thanks for the help!
- R71A, NRD-535, NRD-525, E1 Main receivers.

"dxAce" wrote in message

Justis wrote:

Found!
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/2205.html
Par Electronics EF-SWL

Do you or some of the others have any input on this antenna? Seems a
bit
too good to be true but great if it works.

Cheaper just to roll your own transformer and hook up a wire to it.

dxAce
Michigan
USA- Hide quoted text -

Justis,

Try a single turn Horizontal [Flat] Loop Antenna using
a Coax Cable RG6 'Quad-Shield' [72 Ohm] and a 4:1
Matching Transformer. -versus- a Long Wire Antenna

Use a single insulated multi-strand wire for the Antenna
Element; or use 300 Ohm [TV] Twin Lead run as a
parallel [2] wire single turn loop.

Any 3~4~or~more points to mount the Loop will do
Does not have to be a perfect circle or square.
Does not have to be perfectly flat generally horazontal
will do.

iane ~ RHF