Old February 18th 12, 07:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Looking For April 1967 QST Article

On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 10:04:14 -0700, "Irv Finkleman"
wrote:

I got my ticket in 1957.

I got mine in about 1962. I think I was 14 years old.

I was always collecting junk from others,

My favorite sport was digging through the dumpster behind Henry Radio
(in Smog Angeles) or various Radio/TV repair shops, for parts and
pieces. I would haul the carcass home on the bus (don't ask) and tear
them apart in my parents garage. These days, I go to garage sales,
thrift shops, flea markets, and buy on eBay. The results and quality
are about the same.

I had some 30 ft of shelving in the shack which eventually
collapsed. I didn't need an earthquake! It took a week of
gathering the mags off the floor, going through them all for
articles on antennas mainly, which I clipped and saved,
then disposing of old mags a bagful at
a time in a local unprotected dumpster. No other hams
wanted them.

http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/pics/drivel/slides/mess02.html
No earthquake required here. Just my lousy job of attaching the
shelving to the drywall and overloading the shelves. Gravity always
wins. It took about a week to clean up the mess and reattach the
shelves.

A clean shop is a sure sign of someone that pays retail:
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/pics/home/slides/BL-shop6.html

I think I will rejoin
ARRL -- I left them in '86 for the Canadian Ham organization
mag, but realize now that the ARRL archives are a valuable
source of useful info.

The ARRL archives QST from December 1915 through December 2007. More
recent issues are not available online.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D