Old February 22nd 12, 04:20 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Brenda Ann[_2_] Brenda Ann[_2_] is offline

Default 1922 Popular Science radio article

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

After all this time, I've only just noticed that there is an error in the
text of this article. In the caption it states that it has a listening
radius of 1700 meters. Now, unless the British have a different use for the
word 'radius', and assuming that the story is correct about the receivable
wavelengths, then I figure they must have meant that the radio was capable
of receiving signals of up to 1700 meters in wavelength.