Old March 8th 12, 12:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
dave dave is offline

Default Radio Station Project Inquiry

On Wed, 07 Mar 2012 14:56:35 +0000, samersaed wrote:

Hi Engineers,

I'm Starting a new FM Station Project in BENGHAZI - LIBYA which is 60km2
in area, i was advised to use a transmitting system of a 600w
Transmitter attached to 4 double dipole antenna
(http://www.labelitaly.com/website/akk2.html) as my tower specs are :
tower angle 4 leg (leg size = 10 x 10), parameter at 96 m height = 2.5m
x 2.5m. attached a picture of my tower.

i want to get an omni-directional coverage as my tower is located in the
center of the city and I've been told that unless a panel antenna the
tower will make a shadow or something like that to the broadcast signal.

i want to know if i'm really forced to use a panel antenna in my system,
why i can't use a high power regular dipole antenna.

and please advice if the transmitter power i'm using will be enough to
cover the 60km2 area.

hope to find help here.

Thanks in advance.

Katherein Scala antennas makes some very nice low power Yagi-Uda transmit
antennas.