Old March 8th 12, 02:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Tuuk[_3_] Tuuk[_3_] is offline

Default Omni

Come on hams

You know the antenna I am talking about. I seen its specs online about 10
years ago. It is a single omni aluminum antenna with three traps in it.
About 19 or 21 foot long. Made for ground use, no ground planes or radials,
and old style. This is an older style antenna. Regular coax hook up. I need
to remember the name of this antenna so I can make sure its lenghth and
specs are correct. Gotta be an old ham out there that remembers these old
style omni antenna.
Thanks

" Tuuk" wrote in message
Thanks for the reply

This antenna is about 22 ft long, no gnd planes, I think it has three
traps.

The base has the simple regular 2 ubolt connection to the pipe and the
52ohm coax hook up.

This antenna must be 30 years old or more. I have seen them at many a
hamfest , was popular around here way back when.

My wondering is the lengths between each trap, it is telescopic aluminum
and it is in pieces. Needs all new hose clamps for each tapered slit
connection.

I have seen it before online but do you think I can find it now? I thought
it was crushcraft or delta antennas. I will find it and post it.. Jeesh,
just cant think of it.

Thanks
73s

"Wayne" wrote in message

"dave" wrote in message
m...

On Fri, 02 Mar 2012 22:44:07 -0500, Tuuk wrote:

Anyone remember the 3or4 band antenna, omni that needed to be right on
the ground. I think it had 3 traps in it. Might have been for 10, 15 and
maybe 40 or 20 meters.

It might have been a crushcraft or alpha. has to be about 30 or 40 year
old antenna.

Anyone remember that old antenna? What was its manufacture? Model ?

thanks if anyone can remember.

#Here's a starting place:

#http://www.dxengineering.com/default.asp?DeptID=22
-
And I might add that dxengineering has telescoping tubing that can be
used to construct verticals or beams. 6 foot sections fit nicely in a
shipping box.