Old March 10th 12, 03:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
NM5K[_4_] NM5K[_4_] is offline

Default Omni

On 3/9/2012 3:09 PM, Tuuk wrote:
Found it

Actually, I found some very old schematics , the paper is yellowish tea
like. Japanese I think . Hidaka.

http://www.hidaka.com/e-a_multi-v.html#VS-41W

I am pretty sure the one I have now is the VS-80KR.

I am going to clean it up and try it out. Don't know what will happen
when I put it on a 50 ft tower in these windy days. Will have to
calculate the length of gnd planes. I suspect they will be too long.

Any recommendations?

Not really, as the antenna in the picture seems to use
loaded/trapped radials. So you will need their assembly
specs if you have those and plan to use them.
Or maybe assemble them and try to tune them.
If elevated, any full size wire radials will need to be resonant.
If ground mounted, there is no need to tune radials laying on or in
the ground.