Old March 11th 12, 03:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
DaveW[_2_] DaveW[_2_] is offline

Default S-38B Question

I've begun the restoration of an S-38B. Just started to replace the filters
an I already have a question. The old multi-section cap ground is connected
to pin 2 of the 35Z5 rather than directly to the chassis ground as shown in
the schematic he
http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/...gFilterCap.png
Pin2 is connected to the chassis ground through the filament string, which
has a 125 ohm resistance when cold. Is this a problem or were all S38's
wired in this manner?

The filter cap appears to be original but you can't always be certain. It's
clear other repairs have been made during its lifetime.

If anyone can recall recapping an S-38 I'd be interested in your observation
regarding the filter cap ground wire location.

Thanks,

DaveW