Old March 16th 12, 01:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Tuuk[_3_] Tuuk[_3_] is offline

Default Omni

Thanks for the information.
I think it is very top heavy, and up on a 50ft tower will just wait for a
good wind to bring it down.

While I see no ground plane brackets with this, there is no way to put gnd
planes at each section.

Haven't done nothing yet, maybe wont. Maybe will.

Thanks for the information.

73s

"NM5K" wrote in message
On 3/10/2012 8:21 PM, Tuuk wrote:
I don't have the ground planes for this antenna, just the vertical main
mast.

Used on the ground would be difficult because I am sandwiched between
houses all around me.

I wonder would the mismatch be so significant that the efficientcy of
the antenna be almost completely lost? If used with a good tuner would
the radiation resistence of the antenna become totally innefficient if I
were to completely ground it out through the tower? Nice idea having a
omni all hf band antenna. I run barefoot anyway.

I think I will try it out anyway, I have one of those MFJ old manual
tuners and am sure it would match the feedline coax with the antenna to
the load. Just curious how efficient the antenna would radiate. Being 50
foot above the ground, approx 500 ft above sea level anyway. I think the
deciding factor is that there is nothing on top of the tower now anyway.

No telling how it will tune. If you use no radials, the whole
structure will be acting as the antenna. Radiator, and tower.
Results could be all over the map depending on the band. It would
be better to have at least one resonant elevated radial per band to be
used.