Old April 7th 12, 08:32 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Szczepan Bialek Szczepan Bialek is offline

Default Tesla coil

napisał w wiadomości
Szczepan Bialek wrote:

"Jeff" napisal w wiadomosci

So I modify may question: "Are in today transmitters the "variations of
Tesla
coils" or the "variations of Marx generators".
Or "is possible to do the transmitter without coils"?
If Yes, when was the first?

I have never seen a transmitter (even that in a mobile phone).
S*

Neither, some of Tesla's equipment may have made use resonance, but they
are not the root of resonant circuits used in modern equipment.
ie Tesla coils did not turn into the circuits used today.

"is possible to do the transmitter without any coils"?
S*

Yes.

Microwave transmitters routinely use resonant devices other than coils and
capacitors.

Yes. It was impossible to "make" the microwave frequency using coils.
Magnetrons are for it.

But are the modern radio waves (ham) transmitters without any coils?
S*