Old April 10th 12, 10:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
NM5K[_4_] NM5K[_4_] is offline

Default The earth

On 4/10/2012 3:22 AM, Szczepan Bialek wrote:
In 1909 Marconi wrote:
http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_priz...ni-lecture.pdf

"The necessity or utility of the earth connection has been sometimes
questioned, but in my opinion no practical system of wireless telegraphy
exists
where the instruments are not connected to earth."

It is still true?
S*

Pilots have no trouble using radios at 45,000 ft.
I've never yet seen one require a ground wire.

"Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed,
and we are talking to you via radio, even though we
are not connected to earth, and Marconi said it would
lead to celestial mayhem if we were to even try."

Houston, I we have a problem...