Old April 10th 12, 03:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
[email protected] dondmyers@comcast.net is offline

Default HF radios

On Mon, 09 Apr 2012 22:16:42 -0400, Native Terran
wrote:

I'm getting a substantial refund check this year. I need advice regarding some new hard ware.

I'm looking at the FT-950 from Yaesu or Kenwood TS-590 and Icom IC-7200.

I have a FT897 currently and have some familiarity with their way of doing things. I'm not totally
in love with all of their design choices however.

But other than that, I'm open minded.

Suggestions?

All three have been reviewed in QST. I suggest you read and review the
articles and technical measurements from these units. Much could also
depend on your intended usage. Portable vs. mobile vs. home station;
ssb vs. cw; what is your total budget; etc. Good luck on your
research. For a similar total monetary outlay, there might be more
capable rig availaable.

73 de Don W7WST