Old June 19th 04, 06:38 PM
Michael Dunn

Thanks to all so far for the various comments. I guess i should have
explained my design philosophy for this a bit.

I don't want to do anything fancy, like DSP or even synthesized tuning.
But, I don't want to go for a minimalist six-transistor design either!
;-) And I certainly don't want to use a radio-on-a-chip! I do want
something of good quality in the end.

I'm looking at the middle road. An LNA. A mixer/LO chip. What comes
next is more up for grabs. Maybe I'll protoboard several approaches in
parallel to gain the most experience and see which works best. A
1-chip solution (quadrature; perhaps use a better delay than a simple
LC). A PLL chip + a stereo chip. And if I get ambitious, maybe a
"discrete" stereo decoder design... Fun wow.

Michael
VA3SSP