Old April 11th 12, 07:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] jimp@specsol.spam.sux.com is offline

Default The earth

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
Rob wrote:
Szczepan Bialek wrote:
Not all know that:
""The necessity or utility of the earth connection has been sometimes
questioned, but in my opinion no practical system of wireless telegraphy
exists
where the instruments are not connected to earth."
S*

But it is Marconi's opninion. It is not the truth, it is only an
opinion. When you like, you can say he was "not right". Or you can
just respect that he had this opinion. Your choice.

So we can move on. What is your next question about 1910's scientists?

It may be more accurate than you are giving him credit for. It was based
upon the antenna designs and frequency ranges in use at the time.

Which means it is true for specific, limited cases, but not true in general.

There has been a lot learned about electromagnetic theory in the past
100 years that this babbling idiot just ignores.