Old April 11th 12, 07:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dave Platt Dave Platt is offline

Default The earth

In article ,
Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

PL-259 connectors are called UHF connectors for a reason, when they were
designed 30mHz was UHF. And that was 30-40 years later.

My understanding is that in this context, "UHF" is not an acronym for
"ultra-high frequency". It means "Universal High Frequency"... as in,
can be used for all "high frequency" applications.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO