Old April 12th 12, 08:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Geoffrey S. Mendelson Geoffrey S. Mendelson is offline

Default The earth

Dave Platt wrote:
In article ,
Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

PL-259 connectors are called UHF connectors for a reason, when they were
designed 30mHz was UHF. And that was 30-40 years later.

My understanding is that in this context, "UHF" is not an acronym for
"ultra-high frequency". It means "Universal High Frequency"... as in,
can be used for all "high frequency" applications.

Thanks Dave, in all the years I have been interested in radio I never heard
or read that. It does clear up a lot of questions. :-)

73,

Geoff.

In 1969 the US could put a man on the moon, now teenagers just howl at it. :-(