Old April 13th 12, 07:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ian[_5_] Ian[_5_] is offline

Default The earth

"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message
.. .

Użytkownik "Ian" napisał w
wiadomości ...
"The earth connection is not necessary in order to receive signals."

It is necessery to transmit and to receive.
You have it: "The "static to earth" in my HF aerial is merely to get the
static to bypass my receiver".

The liberating of electrons by a transmitter and absorbing by a receiver
is a by products of antennas.
The "earth connection" is a remedy.

Best Regards,
S*

Hello again Szczepan.
I'm sorry to say that I didn't understand this part of your posting:
"Each antenna liberate EM waves, heat and electrons.At the end of the mast
the voltage is dobled and the "field emmision" works. The heat is no problem
but the escaping of electrons is a problem."
Do you mean "mast" or "aerial" when you say that the voltage is dobled
(sic)?

"Tesla discovered that the one end of the dipole must be earthed to have the
strong waves."
This is definitely something that I will not be doing. A dipole has low
impedance at the feed point and high impedance at its ends.

Best wishes, Ian.