Old April 15th 12, 06:54 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ian[_5_] Ian[_5_] is offline

Default The earth

"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message

"Rob" napisal w wiadomosci
Szczepan Bialek wrote:
But the question is if Marconi was right:"
"The necessity or utility of the earth connection has been sometimes
questioned, but in my opinion no practical system of wireless telegraphy
exists
where the instruments are not connected to earth."

Best regards,
S*

The problem with you is that you will not take the correct answer
to that question, but you will keep asking it until someone incorrectly
answers that Marconi was right.

Ian did it. He wrote:
"The "static to earth" in my HF aerial is merely to get the static to
bypass
my receiver. The earth connection is not necessary in order to receive
signals."

Tell as if a practical radio exists where the instruments are not
connected to earth/chassis."
I am not asking for what: to bypass or to receive/transmit.

S*

Hello Szczepan
No, I did not say that Marconi was correct. I did say that the earth
connection is not necessary in order to receive signals. I suspect that your
English is not as good as we think.