Old April 15th 12, 09:55 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Szczepan Bialek Szczepan Bialek is offline

Default The earth

"Ian" napisał w wiadomości
wrote in message
Szczepan Bialek wrote:

Ian did it. He wrote:
"The "static to earth" in my HF aerial is merely to get the static to
bypass
my receiver. The earth connection is not necessary in order to receive
signals."

No, he did not.

You are just too stupid to understand what it is that Ian wrote.

Tell as if a practical radio exists where the instruments are not
connected
to earth/chassis."

Meaningless gibberish.

I am not asking for what: to bypass or to receive/transmit.

More meaningless gibberish.

Hello folks.

I have a suspicion that Szczepan's English is either not as good as it
appears or that he is using a web translation page.

Szczepan - do you hold an amateur radio licence, please?

I have even never seen a transmitter.
For me it is a "black box".

I only want to know if the box is connected to the earth/chassis.

Your the first answer was Yes ("The "static to earth" in my HF aerial is
merely to get the static to bypass my receiver).
S*

Regards, Ian.