Old April 15th 12, 05:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ian[_5_] Ian[_5_] is offline

Default The earth

"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message
.. .

Szczepan - do you hold an amateur radio licence, please?

I have even never seen a transmitter.
For me it is a "black box".

I only want to know if the box is connected to the earth/chassis.

Your the first answer was Yes ("The "static to earth" in my HF aerial is
merely to get the static to bypass my receiver).
S*

Hello Szczepan.
It seems that you totally misunderstood my answer.
A ground connection is NOT necessary in order to receive a signal.

You tell me that you have not seen a transmitter and regard it as a black
box. I recommend that you get a modern textbook on radio technology so that
you can understand how radios and aerials work.

Kindest regards, Ian.