Old April 17th 12, 07:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Wayne Wayne is offline

Default The earth

wrote in message ...

Ian wrote:
wrote in message
Ian wrote:

Little of the technology in use today was known in Marconi's time.

Marconi knew nothing of resonance, impedance, or electromagnetic field
theory; it all came after his time.

Marconi would have been totally baffled if shown a helical, slot, yagi,
or any number of antennas invented after his time in common use today.

The only reference antenna Marconi had was a wire of some sort fed
against
ground.

For that particular type of antenna, Marconi was correct, but his
statement
is NOT correct for antennas in general.

Hello again.

I bet that Marconi would have been very wiling to learn about new theory
and
technology ... unlike some people.

Regards, Ian.

# I would also bet Marconi would not stubornly cling to something said a 100
# years before his time as being absolutely correct.

IMHO the guy is just jerking your chain by deliberately being dense. The
questions are nonsensical and remind me of that old "Eliza" software that
would take your words and run you around in endless circles.