Old April 17th 12, 10:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
NM5K[_4_] NM5K[_4_] is offline

Default The earth

On 4/17/2012 10:47 AM, Szczepan Bialek wrote:
napisal w wiadomosci
Szczepan wrote:
At transmitting you have the deficit and at receiving the excess.
Without the earth the static build up and radio stop working.

How would you know that when you don't even have a transmitter?

But my "friend" Marconi had a lot. He wrote:
"but in my opinion no practical system of wireless telegraphy
exists
where the instruments are not connected to earth."

You will transmit just fine if you have the ground/chassis/counterpoise.
S*

And without it, fine as well.

It is not true. You know that.
S*

I guess all the people I talk to using that portable rig
are just a figment of my imagination?
And likewise here at the house where most of my systems are
ungrounded..
It's actually quite astounding.. I've worked about 29
zillion people using various ungrounded antenna systems that don't work.

How did I pull off such a feat? Did I scream real loud?
Did I hire R. Lee Ermey to scream for me? He's pretty good at it..
Maybe I built a big fire behind the radio, and sent smoke signals..
I suppose that could be a viable explanation, being as that land was
Indian Territory until a couple of years before Marconi made that
statement. :\
I don't own any war drums, so we would have to rule those out.. :|
Maybe I pass notes around the country on the backs of tarantulas..
They usually don't mind as long as I don't use a hat pin to attach
the notes to their backs.
http://home.comcast.net/~disk100/oct17-4.jpg