Old April 18th 12, 02:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ian[_5_] Ian[_5_] is offline

Default The earth

"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message

Moving the battery would make no difference whatsoever in the
performance of the antenna.

"Would" means that you are not sure.

If you want to be sure you can make the two experimments:

1. Take off the car battery and sit it on the stone bench, and/or

2. Instal the ammeters on the each wires to the battery while it's in
the car.

Would be nice to know the results.
Best Regards,
S*

Hello chaps. Let's not worry about Szczepan's misunderstanding of the word
"would".
I like the idea of the ammeters - I think I saw something similar in a
textbook I have from the 1920s or 1930s.

Best wishes to all, Ian.