Old April 18th 12, 06:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] jimp@specsol.spam.sux.com is offline

Default The earth

Szczepan Bialek wrote:

"NM5K" napisal w wiadomosci
On 4/17/2012 3:01 AM, Szczepan Bialek wrote:
napisal w wiadomosci

Fer instance, I'm sitting out in the woods up at my recreational living
center.. I have dipoles strung up in the trees which I leave there,
and I roll the rg-58 coax up and hang it on a tree branch when I leave.
Not a ground wire, or ground connection in sight.. And works perfectly
well. Of course, you can't really see the wires here, but "S" can trust
me, there is no ground connection. The radio is sitting on that stone
bench, and the only connections are 12v to my car battery,

Where is the car battery?
On the stone bench or in the car?
S*

It doesn't matter. 12v is 12v.. But to answer your question,
I open the hood of the car, and attach the wires to the battery
while it's in the car. That way I can start the car to charge
the battery every once in a while.
But the power source of the radio has nothing whatsoever to do with
the antenna. I could place the battery anywhere and the operation would
be the same. The car is not part of the antenna. The *complete* antenna
is suspended between a couple of oak trees well over my head.
The antenna is decoupled from the feed line. And there are no
connections to ground. One could consider the negative power lead
as connecting to a "chassis", IE: the body of the car, but that is
a DC connection, not RF.

Each the earth/chassis/counterpoise are the DC nett connection.

Meaningless babble.

Moving the battery would make no difference whatsoever in the
performance of the antenna.

"Would" means that you are not sure.

Nope.

He is sure, I am sure, and everyone that knows anything about RF is sure.

The only one in the dark is you.

If you want to be sure you can make the two experimments:

1. Take off the car battery and sit it on the stone bench, and/or

2. Instal the ammeters on the each wires to the battery while it's in the
car.

Would be nice to know the results.

Been done innumerable times; it makes no difference.

You are a babbling idiot.