Old April 19th 12, 12:22 AM
Bill Young Bill Young is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Sheatsley View Post
Grrrrr,

Meant to say the first character sounded like ---
in the sound file. Of course the last one is a - for T.
That wouldn't help to differentiate between GDT
and OKT.

Regards,
John
I have heard it clearly on more than one evening here as "GDT". I have tried changing the pitch, and I still hear "GDT". My QTH is northwest Harris County, Texas just outside Houston. My RX is a Ten Tec RX320D in CW mode with a 3 foot X 5 foot tuned, coupled rectangular loop. What exactly you hear can depend on where you are. Bill Young WD5HOH