Old April 20th 12, 03:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Ernie[_3_] Ernie[_3_] is offline

Default What kind of capacitors do I use?

My old receiver's IF wouldn't align and I finally traced it down to the IF
can. A grid dip meter shows the primaries and secondaries of each coil are
anywhere from 20 to 40 kc away from the design frequency (460kc). The
trimmers trim OK, but just not close to 460 kc.
I can bring each coil back to the IF frequency by soldering another small
value cap (100 pf or less) parallel to the trimmer. The capacitor sellers
have all sorts of variations and I am wondering if anyone can give me a
suggestion as to what kind would be the best to use for this application?
Thank you.