Old July 24th 03, 09:49 PM
Mike Coslo

Reg Edwards wrote:

Here in Euro-side an amateur radio ticket can be obtained without ever
having heard of it. And what with present educational standards that's
nearly all of us.

The trouble with Guru's displaying their knowledge on this newsgroup is
failure to appreciate the technical standing of their 'pupils'. Yet as often
as not the manner in which questions are asked are a dead giveaway. For a
reply to be of value it is necessary for the Guru to 'tune in' to the
recipient, ie., become resonant in same sort of language.

Too seldom is any thought given to it. As a result I would guess many
questioners become so confused or overloaded with haggling between the
'experts' they don't bother reading to the end of the thread, possibly to
consider packing up the hobby. It is impossible for a novice in a particular
subject to distinguish wheat from chaff, or to choose between one old-wive's
tale and another. Confusion reigns!

My assessment as one of the "less washed" is that I can kind of
understand some of what is being argued.

But too much pouncing on minutaia, too much of what sounds like the
antagonists saying the same thing in a different way, and too much
personal junk all over the place, and it ends up doing everyone no good
at all, especially the antagonists. But of course, it doesn't really
matter what I think. I suspect that despite some aggravation and
digestive tract angst, they are enjoying it.

In the end, it is just a Warholesqe repetitive, stretched out artwork.

So KISS ! In plain unabbreviated English.

Or (ironically enough -- Occam's Razor!!-- 8^)

- Mike KB3EIA -