Old April 23rd 12, 08:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Szczepan Bialek Szczepan Bialek is offline

Default Autoelectronic emission

"Jeff Liebermann" napisal w wiadomosci
On Sun, 22 Apr 2012 19:54:08 +0200, "Szczepan Bialek"
wrote:

The cathode rays travel to the anode.

I have a cathode ray oscilloscope next to my radio. For some odd
reason, my radio fails to detect the cathode ray emissions. Perhaps
that's because an electron beam is not oscillatory and therefore does
not radiate in the RF regions?

Yes. The electron beam is a electron wind.

Please produce a reproducible test, that will demonstrate that charged
electrons are being emitted by an antenna. Your Nobel prize awaits
you.

It was done before the first Nobel prize.

Well, if the Nobel Prize is insufficient, permit me to offer a
different prize, for which you seem qualified:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pigasus_Award
Should you actually write a paper or produce an electron belching
transmitter, methinks this award would be more appropriate:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ig_Nobel_Prize
http://www.improb.com/ig/ig-pastwinners.html
You may need some help with the form and structure. I recommend the
Journal of Irreproducible Results as a suitable guideline.
http://www.jir.com
For example:
http://www.jir.com/turboencabulator.html
Be sure to include me in the credit for inspiring your research:

I am not e writter or researcher. I only "copy and paste".

They travel into the earth.

Somehow, I've failed to notice electrons piling up on the ground.
Presumably, you're suggesting that they are falling from the sky due
to the effects of gravity. Well, that might explain my inability to
work DX with my ungrounded antenna, but does not explain how radio
functions in outer space, where there is no earth ground.

"The photoelectric effect will cause spacecraft exposed to sunlight to
develop a positive charge. This can be a major problem, as other parts of
the spacecraft in shadow develop a negative charge from nearby plasma, and
the imbalance can discharge through delicate electrical components. The
static charge created by the photoelectric effect is self-limiting, though,
because a more highly charged object gives up its electrons less
easily.[53]"

For this reason the all electronic equipment have the
earth/chassis/counterpoise as e remedy.

In case you haven't noticed, power lines are a balance pair. For 3
phase, they are also balanced at 120 degrees apart. The ground
connection is strictly for safety and is not required for proper
operation.

Totally wrong. The power lines and receiver antennas must have ground
connection.

Simply stating your conjecture, and quoting outdate and erroneous
conjecture does not make it correct. As I previously asked, can you
produce an experiment that would conclusively demonstrate that
electrons are being produced by RF transmissions, and that RF
propagation ceases when the antenna ground is removed? Please keep it
simple, like explaining how an ungrounded balanced dipole functions.

"The wire antennas used with crystal receivers are monopole antennas which
develop their output voltage with respect to ground. They require a return
circuit connected to ground (earth) so that the current from the antenna,
after passing through the receiver, can flow into the ground. The ground
wire is attached to a radiator, a water pipe, or a metal stake driven into
the ground.[4"

Congratulations. You've discovered the counterpoise. That's a good
idea (but not necessary) for a monopole, where the grounded
counterpoise forms the missing element of the dipole.

No. The counterpiose is the ground.

However, that
doesn't demonstrate or prove anything about other antennas, most of
which have little use for an earth ground.

"the Biot-Savart law" = hydraulic analogy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biot-Savart law
I fail to see any mention of hydraulics in the above article. Also,
your analogy was pneumatic, not hydraulic.

"The electronic-hydraulic analogy (derisively referred to as the
drain-pipe
theory by Oliver Heaviside) is the most widely used analogy for "electron
fluid" in a metal conductor".

In EM is "electron fluid". In science "electron gas".

The only electron fluid that is currently valid is in plasma physics,
which has little to do with RF transmission. Could you kindly
enlighten me as to how one derives RF emissions and propagation from
plumbing? I couldn't find anything using Google.

Heaviside derived RF emissions and propagation from the plumbing. RF are the
rotary oscillation.

I'm sure the teachers in this group will be thrilled to know that what
they're teaching is not science.

Jimp is a teacher.

For a short time, I was a substitute teacher. I only taught one high
skool science class for 2 days. However, I taught science, not
technobabble.

Everyone lies, but that's ok, because nobody listens.

Here no conflict. The hydraulic analogy is enough for kids.

It's not enough for me. Please explain how plumbing can be used to
demonstrate RF transmission and propagation.

The oscillatory vibrations are demonstrated as the cylinder quickly rotated
to and fro in a water or solids.

I can see that I'm making no progress at showing you the error of your
ways. Methinks it's a hopeless task. I have a computah and a radio
to repair on a fairly hot mountain top and will be too busy to debunk
your rubbish. Please carry on without me.

Be the electronic not the plumber at your job.
S*