Old April 23rd 12, 08:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bpnjensen bpnjensen is offline

Default Used Eton E1s over at Universal Radio

On Apr 23, 10:28*am, Bob Dobbs wrote:
HF wrote:
On Apr 22, 4:52*pm, Bob Dobbs wrote:
dave wrote:
On 04/21/2012 07:24 PM, Steve wrote:
I just noticed that they had a ton of them, if anyone's interested. It
doesn't seem like the E1 remained in production for very long.

Those are cool radios. I have an XM module here somewhere. Don't they
have synchronous AM?

Yes,
upper, lower, and double sideband synchro.
--

http://bit.ly/g2PCII

Some claim/believe that the Eton E1 Radio
has a better AM-Sync then the Sony ICF-2010
and Grundig Satellit 800M -ps-i-do- ~ RHF
.
.

Never had an 800M, but I can say for sure the E1 beats the 2010
which can't be switched to whichever side you want
(you have to tune above or below and hope) That's in addition to the E1 having
double sideband sync to address QSB issues.
Downside is the rubberized paint gets sticky in the summer and holds dust,
have to use a cotton ball and alcohol to clean the case.
--

http://bit.ly/g2PCII

Can that rubber coating simply be removed? Sounds completely
unnecessary...