Old April 24th 12, 10:42 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ian[_5_] Ian[_5_] is offline

Default Autoelectronic emission

"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message

"Rob" napisal w wiadomosci
Szczepan Bialek wrote:

The selfcapacitance of an antenna is very small. You need a couple of
electrons to have a measurable static voltage.
For this reason the earth/chassis/counterpoise is necessary.
S*

Hello Szczepan.
A dipole aerial doesn't need a counterpoise nor does it need any connection
to earth/ground/counterpoise.

I've kept quiet during the discussion because I don't think of my radio and
aerial in terms of sub-atomic particles. For me, resonance, impendance and
SWR are more significant.

Have you considered taking your theories / discussions /
cutting-and-pastings about sub-atomic particles and other kindred items to
one of the physics newsgroups such as:
alt.sci.amateur
alt.sci.physics
sci.physics
I'd expect that you will find lots of people with whom you can discuss the
behaviour of sub-atomic particles.

Kindest regards, Ian.