Old April 30th 12, 10:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Sal[_3_] Sal[_3_] is offline

Default Plonking!

"W5DXP" wrote in message
I got plonked by a famous ham when he challenged me to tell the
difference between a 50 ohm dipole and a 50 ohm dummy load if I
couldn't see what was attached to the transmission line. I answered,
"Field Strength Meter?", and he plonked me.
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com

Reminiscent of an old story about how to establish
the height of a tall building with a barometer: Go to
the super and offer the barometer to him if he tells
you how tall the building is.

Also, drop it from the building's roof and time the fall.
d = 1/2 (g (t-squared)) Can also use a watermelon.

The "real" answer, involving atmospheric pressure
difference, is no fun at all.

"Sal"