Old December 13th 03, 08:29 PM

Default vhf/uhf difference???

I have checked a few references, but I would really like
to 'hear from experienced ears', soooo, the question.
If you setup two situations alike, such as two same autos, same
amount of power, same db gain on mobil/base antennas , what would be
the difference in the 'distance of one band over the other'. If two
meters 'talked' farther,,,,,,,,,,,, than 440mhz. what would likely be
the amount.
I live 'out in the boonies', and thru the base antenna 'reach out'
and connect with the cities repeaters, and I '''see/hear''' very
little difference in the range (those located close to each other) of
such repeaters, (two meters/440). This along with other factors has
lead to this question.
In the past, the 'minor tests' that I have conducted did not really
prove that much. I, at home/base talking to my yl and switching
between 'bands', this was not all that scientific, and all I concluded
was 'the bands' were similar in abilities. ???? Sooo, feel that others
have 'been there,done that',,,,, and had more in lighten results.
thanks in advance. 73 cl.