Old May 3rd 12, 01:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] jimp@specsol.spam.sux.com is offline

Default HF is Smokin

wrote:
On 3 May,
wrote:

I was refering to the case where there is nothing to adjust the match and
getting something under 3:1 at the end of the feed line.

It was well within 1.5:1 within (part of) 10 and 12m bands.

After spending several hours with EZNEC trying to get that combination under
5:1 with no success, I find that hard to believe unless something in the
system is really lossy (like the feedline) and masking the SWR or the length
of the feedline just happens to be at a length to help the match.