Old December 13th 03, 08:31 PM
Mike Coslo

Reg Edwards wrote:

Mike sed,

Not much of a G5RV then is it, Reg?

-----------------------

Exactly !

For all-round, multi-directional, multi-elevation, multi-band working, DX
and local, there is nothing better than a random length dipole with a
random-length high-Zo feedline, which is what most people want and which
will conveniently fit into your backyard, plus a simple home-made 1:1 choke
balun on a ferrite ring from your junk box, plus a tuner of some sort.

Hard to disagree, xince that's what I use!

Without any coax the G5RV fits in there somewhere. A sentiment with which
that grand old English gentleman himself, Louis Varney, would
whole-heartedly agree. Are you hearing me Louis wherever you are? Three
dots for Yes.

There seem to be many different antennae called G5RV. I wonder when the
G5RV vertical will come out? ;^)

- Mike KB3EIA -