Old June 22nd 04, 11:03 PM
Highland Ham

Another nice thing is the 32KHz crystals are physically tiny: 6mm long and
2mm diameter. This means if I use SMD IC's I can make a next generation
counter a fraction the size of the current one which is already miniature.
One problem remains, which is getting hold of a 32KHz crystal. I have

never
bought anything from Digikey. The part I need is XC972-ND and is priced

(UK
pounds) £0.47. However I notice that there is a £10 handling fee and £12
shipping! The total order cost would be £22.47, for one simple crystal.
That's about US $41! Therefore does anyone in rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
reside in the US, order frequently or in the near future from Digikey, and
wouldn't mind adding one of those to their order and popping it in an
envelope to me - I'll pay all costs of course as long as you don't charge

me
£10 handling ;-)

========
Hans , May I suggest you check supply of above with Mode
Components -Birmingham, small company (no VAT)
www.modecomponents.co.uk

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH