Old May 9th 12, 02:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
tom tom is offline

Default Power bar noise filter???

On 5/8/2012 8:13 PM, AJL wrote:
On Tue, 8 May 2012 20:05:18 -0400, "
wrote:

Anyone have good success with a noise filter power bar? I am looking at the
Monster Power Blackout HDP 660.

I am getting a lot of electrical noise, RFI and I know some comes from the
TV, but when TV is off there is still some anoying noise that I am thinking
a EMI RFI Noice filter would help to reduce this. The rig is 40 years old.

Anyone have any cheap comments regarding any power bar or surge protector
that have the best RFI EMI noice filtering?

Probably a dumb question, but is the noise for sure coming in through
the rigs power plug? You took off the antenna and the noise is still
there right? Cause if it's gone with the ant off a power line filter
won't help much.

Those types of products are something any EE wishes they thought of, but
none of them did because they are a ripoff, at least from the
price/performance perspective and engineers normally aren't in that
business.

Oxygen free copper, ways of winding the strands so they work better, all
BS when it comes to signal delivery and the ability of the human ear to
perceive it. It's almost as bad as damping factor being meaningful.

I love the line voltage regulators that some sell. Like the voltage
regulators in every single piece of equipment plugged into the line
don't work.

tom
K0TAR