Old May 10th 12, 02:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Irv Finkleman Irv Finkleman is offline

Default Power bar noise filter???

You haven't yet said if you tried disconnecting the antenna and whether
or not the noise was still there. That's the first test, and the best way
to determine if the noise is coming through the power line or the
antenna.

Irv VE6BP

"AJL" wrote in message
On Tue, 8 May 2012 20:05:18 -0400, " Tuuk"
wrote:

Anyone have good success with a noise filter power bar? I am looking at
the
Monster Power Blackout HDP 660.

I am getting a lot of electrical noise, RFI and I know some comes from the
TV, but when TV is off there is still some anoying noise that I am
thinking
a EMI RFI Noice filter would help to reduce this. The rig is 40 years old.

Anyone have any cheap comments regarding any power bar or surge protector
that have the best RFI EMI noice filtering?

Probably a dumb question, but is the noise for sure coming in through
the rigs power plug? You took off the antenna and the noise is still
there right? Cause if it's gone with the ant off a power line filter
won't help much.