Old May 16th 12, 02:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Antenna Tower-What's it worth? Want to buy?

"SueKY" wrote in message

Hi, We have a 40 foot galvanized aluminum antenna tower attached to our
house that we don't use & I was thinking about selling it. There are
four ten foot sections & the top has some kind of box looking thing &
round antenna rods. Any ideas on what its worth, anyone want to buy it?
I'll take best offer I guess-you dismantle & haul. Located in London, KY
about 10 miles west of I-75, exit 41.

What is it worth?

Any offers?

Call 606-877-9912 or email to if interested

It can not be galvanized aluminum. If galvanized, it is steel. Anyway, if
it is what is called Rohn 25 and was already down and in good shape, it
would be worth about $ 35 to$ 45 per section, or about $ 160 total. If
someone has to take it down, whatever you can get for it.

If some other type, maybe even less.
Rohn tower has 3 round legs about an inch in diameter and round cross
bracing, about 1/4 inch in diameter that ziz-zags up the sections.