Old May 18th 12, 09:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Bonnton 190A, voltage stibilizer

Renan Cysneiros wrote:

I would like to thank you for your attention regarding my question,
sorry I have not been very specific, I am referring to an old AC
ferromagnetic voltage stabilizer used internally in Boonton Q meter
model 190A whose reference circuit diagram is VR-300, are two types one
manufactured by Acme electronic, model T-31370 t and another by General
electric model 69G870 (input 95-130 volts, out 115 volt,60 HZ, 50 VA
power), I know that a simple power transformer would solve the problem
although it is more sensitive to variations of the electric Net, If I do
not get an original, I'll have to make a slight modification, although I
would like to leave it original shape.
Thank you so much one more time ! Renan pp7hp

Actually, you should not need the thing at all, you can just bypass it
completely if you trust your line voltage.

I have some Sola equivalents around here somewhere, and Sola still makes
a direct replacement. That would be a Sola CVS series, type 23-12-060-2.
Newark should have them in stock.

Note that these MUST be used on 60 Hz power. Very bad things will happen
if you try and use one on 50 Hz. So if you are living in a 50 Hz country
and it has been removed, it was probably removed for a reason. You may be
able to order a 50 Hz variant but I don't know the Sola number offhand.
--scott