Old May 21st 12, 12:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Sal[_3_] Sal[_3_] is offline

Default How calculate antenna impedance?

"Myron A. Calhoun" wrote in message
I've been playing with several programs (tunehalf.exe, endfeed.exe,
and EZNEC).

snip

Among other things, both calculate the antenna impedance.

HOW DO THEY DO THIS? I'd like to write some programs of my own.
What is the formula or equation for estimating/calculating antenna
impedance given the above inputs?

--
-- Myron A. Calhoun.

Isaac Newton is credited with saying, "If I have seen further it is by
standing on the shoulders of giants."

Duplicating the work of those who have gone before may be only an
entertaining exercise. (I got 1 credit in college for a Physics lab, in
which I confirmed the results of experiments first performed centuries ago.
Frankly, I felt a little silly doing it.)

If you're after an entertaining exercise, more power to you. (I've
"created" computer programs that I knew existed.)

"Sal"
KD6VKW