Old July 24th 03, 10:03 PM
Richard Clark

On 24 Jul 2003 13:49:49 -0700, (M Wilson) wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone use an SGC tuner (coupler) with a dipole, and if so, how
do you have it set up. I was thinking of the tuner at the base of the
tree, 60' of ladder line up the tree, then split into the dipole. I
know most use these tuners for longwires or with whips, but I am
looking for info and experiences on dipole configurations.

Thanks in advance.

MW

Hi OM,

You might want to put ferrite chokes on both the coax feed into the
SGC and around its control lines as well. There is a definite
possibility of common mode on the line (hence the chokes on the lines
back to your shack) and some blurring of the usual directionality.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC