Old May 31st 12, 04:54 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
tom tom is offline

Default Hopefully not off topic-link

On 5/30/2012 10:21 PM, John wrote:
Here is the 'T" antenna I referred to. It is totally plastic.

http://www.happywanderer.net.au/page...9&parent2id=24

If link doesnt work the website is www.happywanderer.net.au and the image
is on first screen. The totally plastic covered yagi I saw was somewhere in
ebay. I,ll see if I can find it again.
Regards
John

I liked the reflector screen on the HW-DT8. It's appears just a bit
sparse for the frequencies it's supposed to cover.

Other than that the driven part is kind of interesting. If it's
reasonably priced enough and shipping isn't out of line I may order one
just to see what mischief they are up to.

tom
K0TAR

Link to the antenna I referenced.

http://www.happywanderer.net.au/page...9&parent2id=71

And of course it will give me a nice new antenna to perform weight and
charge measurements on.

Can't use an old one. See, when the antenna gets used more and more it
gets tired because of electron loss. You have to watch your transmit
and receive balance. If you don't you will end up with too few
electrons around, which makes for an increase in transmit resistance.
Some people think it's impedance, but they don't know it's just because
you haven't got the right length coax.

And the other way around, if you receive all the time you eventually
fill the electron sump, and the antenna must be discarded unless you can
get a good electron sump pump for cheap. Funny thing, that's why the
old AM and FM radios wore out - they were full.