Old May 31st 12, 09:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ian[_5_] Ian[_5_] is offline

Default Hopefully not off topic

"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message
.. .
I've a recollection that you've posted your views onto this newsgroup a

few weeks ago.
I guess that asking you to disregard 19th century understanding and learn
20th and 21st century understanding is probably an unproductive approach.

But I hope that you understand that 19th century physics and 21st century
are the same.

In the 20th the all was a top secret.
S*

I don't recall us having nuclear bombs in the 19th century, nor transistors
nor integrated circuits. The underlying physics may not have changed but
man's understanding of it certainly has.
By analogy, the human body is still the same design as it was in the 15th /
16th /17th centuries (and earlier and later). If you need a doctor, will you
go to one practising 21st century medicine or 15th century medicine?
Would you prefer to drive a 21st century car or a 19th century car? Would
you be worried about dropping off the flat earth?
Perhaps you should study the "phlogiston" theory. How about the opposition
that Galileo encountered when he tried to support the theory of Copernicus
that Earth orbits around the Sun? If you'd been around in the time of
Galileo and Copernicus I guess you'd be certain that the Sun orbits the
Earth. After all, that's how Ptolemy said it was and that view lasted a
thousand years or more.

Regards, Ian.